Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas fun!

I am 100% ready for Christmas. I just don't have a single present wrapped nor any food preparation done. But, in my mind I am so ready, lol. "Iiii am gonna wrap presents all Niiiight and baby sit all of the day." (to the tune of that rock n roll all night song).

We've been reading the Christmas story (the real one about Jesus, not Santa) out of the kids' story Bible. The first part was the Angel coming to Mary. I used Little People to demonstrate. Unfortanetly I couldn't find Mary so I had to use a teacher instead. We've also been reading Christmas books, well, Santa, winter, the Arctic, etc. You catch my drift. If you ask the girls where Penguins live, they will tell you Antarctica. If you ask them whether Antarctica is north or south, they will tell you south. It's amazing how well kids retain information when it's presented through literary sources as well as with hands-on activities.

Christmas certainly makes curriculum aids simple, just google "Christmas activities" or "Christmas worksheets" and BAM a million different things to choose from. Today we are foregoing Kelly's Abeka worksheets and doing Christmas ones. She's been really excited about doing them. Zoey's been begging for Christmas worksheets too. If I'd let her, she would do worksheets all day every day. Seems slightly odd for a super active 4 year-old. Also on the agenda are Christmas BINGO and "A Secret Message" encrypting paper (think that's what it's called).

Well, gotta get some things done before lunch. Blog U later!

No comments:

Post a Comment